If you haven’t organised anything yet, don’t panic! This is a community event that can be celebrated in your own way. It’s about the gesture from you and your families, rather than any specific activities.
If you ‘d like to say thank you on Wednesday 2nd September, there is still time for you to:
- Put up some posters in your centre to let your families know it’s coming up.
- Share the “How are you going to say thank you?” video with your families via Facebook or YouTube.
- Share the event website with your families.
- Create a personalised “thank you” video featuring messages from your families to play to your team. It’s so easy to do, and it’s free! Click here to find out how.
This is a useful platform for those of your families with children who don’t usually attend on Wednesday 2nd September, particularly for those families in Melbourne and Victoria, who cannot attend due to the current COVID-19 Restrictions in place right now.
- Organise an early childhood educator appreciation wall or ‘thank you’ tree using the printable ‘cut out shape’ templates.
- Create a giant ‘thank you’ card for families to write in (if health & safety guidelines permit) and put it on display in the reception/greeting area of your centre/service.
- Organise a morning or afternoon tea party and invite families (if health & safety guidelines permit) to bring home-baked goodies, presents and cards.
- Get dressed up! You and your team might like to wear fancy dress (eg. superhero theme or fairies, wizards & magic).
- Present your team of educators each with a certificate of appreciation using the printable templates on the Resources page.
We’re always delighted to see Early Childhood Educators’ Day gain momentum from year to year, and this year promises to be particularly special, as we reflect on the year and acknowledge the efforts of our early childhood educators in unprecedented circumstances.
We know that you and your families will do a wonderful job of letting your valued team of early childhood educators know how much they are appreciated next week.
We hope you all enjoy the celebrations!
Don’t forget to: