HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED
If you have a child or children who attend long day care, kindergarten/preschool services, family day care or occasional care, Early Childhood Educators Day is a wonderful opportunity to say thank you in your own special way, whether on Wednesday 6th September or during the same week.
Together, you and your child/children might like to:
- make a 'thank you' card or a home-made gift - check out this blog article for some creative ideas.
- create some art - a drawing, painting or decoration
- write a short story or poem about why he/she loves his/her early childhood educator
- pick some flowers from your garden
- make or bake something yummy in the kitchen
- decorate and colour one of the printables on our Resources page for an appreciation wall/tree
- join in the fun activities that your local service may be organising as part of the celebrations
WE HAVE SOME FUN PRIZES TO GIVE AWAY!
Parents, families and children, what do you love about your early childhood educators?
Upload photos of your stories, poems, card messages, home-made artwork, baked treats or special gifts to Facebook or Twitter using the hashtag #LoveMyECE for the chance to win:
Alternatively if you're not on social media, upload your photos and contact details here.
You can also find out about the range of activities your local service may organise by visiting the ECEC Service Providers page.
We encourage you to direct your early childhood educators and centre directors to this website, if they are not yet aware of Early Childhood Educators Day.
However you choose to celebrate Early Childhood Educators Day, we hope you enjoy the spirit of the day and help to make your early childhood educators feel special.