HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED
Long day care, kindergarten/preschool, family day care and occasional care services are encouraged to celebrate Early Childhood Educators Day by organising their own local activities on Wednesday 6th September or during the same week.
As an Early Childhood Education and Care service provider, you might like to undertake some of the following activities:
- let your families know about the day in the lead up to the event, by displaying the posters, creating your own handout to be given to families at pick up, sending parents an email, and/or posting updates on social media or on your website
- organise a morning tea with the educators, the children and their families and invite families to bring home-baked goodies
- invite educators and children to come in fancy dress of their choice (eg. superheroes, fairies, fireman, etc)
- ask families to help their children decorate their printable cut out shapes at home and bring them in on the day OR have the children decorate the shapes with their families on site on the day
- create an early childhood educator ‘thank you wall’ or ‘thank you tree’ using the decorated printables
- create a giant 'thank you' card for display in the reception area of your centre/kindergarten/play space, and ask families to sign it
- present each of your early childhood educators with a Certificate of Appreciation
- make the time to have a warm gathering with your early childhood educators and show them the "Early Childhood Educators Day - We say thank you" video
(Please note: This video will be uploaded to the Resources page of this website on Monday 4th September. It will also be circulated via social media.)
- encourage the children and their families to say 'thank you' to their early childhood educator in their own special way.
While at home, the children may like to make a card, give a home-made gift or a bunch of flowers from the garden, or bake a cake with Mum or Dad to be enjoyed at a morning tea with their early childhood educator and possibly their family members. We have provided some ideas for families on the Families and Children page and also in this blog article.
|WE HAVE SOME FUN PRIZES TO GIVE AWAY!
Upload photos of your celebrations to Facebook or Twitter, using the hashtag #EarlyChildhoodEducatorsDay for the chance to win:
Visit our Resources page to download some fun printables to help celebrate Early Childhood Educators Day.
You might also like to read about how other ECEC services are celebrating the day in this blog article.
However you choose to celebrate Early Childhood Educators Day, we hope you enjoy the spirit of the day and help to make your early childhood educators feel special.