EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATORS DAY
Early Childhood Educators Day was founded in 2011 by the Australian Childcare Alliance’s Queensland state body, to recognise and celebrate the work of early educators in long day care, kindergarten/preschool services, family day care and occasional care, for their contribution to the wellbeing and healthy development of Australia’s precious, youngest generation.
It has since been embraced nationally by the Australian Childcare Alliance (ACA) and the early learning sector.
The event has enjoyed increasing participation from year to year among early learning services, the young children attending their services and their families, along with the broader community.
It is now a well-known, fondly received event held Australia-wide every year on the first Wednesday in September.
The event was inspired by World Teachers' Day, an annual event which is celebrated in more than 100 countries in October.
Early Childhood Educators Day provides a wonderful opportunity to say thank you to Australia’s early childhood educators on a very personal level, as well as collectively at the national level.
During the week of Wednesday 5th September 2018, long day care, kindergarten/preschool, family day care and occasional care services are encouraged to celebrate the event in their own special way.
This could include:
- letting families know about Early Childhood Educators Day in the lead up to the event by displaying the posters (yet to be released but will be available from this website in July 2018), giving parents a hard copy poster or invitation, sending them an email or posting updates on social media or on their website
- organising a morning/afternoon tea with the children and their families
- inviting educators and children to come in fancy dress of their choice (eg. superheroes, fairies, fireman, etc)
- creating an early childhood educator ‘thank you wall’ or ‘thank you tree’
- creating a giant 'thank you' card for display in the reception area of the centre/kindergarten
- presenting each of their early childhood educators with a Certificate of Appreciation (yet to be released but will be available from this website in July 2018)
- showing each of their early childhood educators the Early Childhood Educators 'Thank you' video (to be made available on this website and via Facebook during the week of Wed 5th September 2018) on the day or during the same week
Families and their children are encouraged to say thank you to their early childhood educators with a personal touch, such as giving a 'thank you' card, a hand-made gift, a painting or drawing, a bunch of flowers or even a delicious home-made treat.